1. Participants join the Watt-A-Thon in teams. Each team will be assigned an energy generation bike. Team members will pedal the bike in relay format.
2. The 8-hour activity will be divided into 4 sessions. Each session lasts for 2 hours. Each team can choose up to 4 sessions (i.e. 8 hours).
3. Each team will consist of a minimum of 4 members with an upper limit. Please refer to "Determine Your Team Size" session below for details.
4. Each team must include at least one adult.
5. Participants must be 12 years old or above on or before 5 October 2019.
6. Participants under 18 on 5 October 2019 are required to submit the Parent or Guardian Consent Form to participate
CHOOSE YOUR TIMESLOTS
1.There are 4 sessions in total in the 8-hour Watt-A-Thon. Each session lasts for 2 hours.
2.You will be asked to indicate your preferred timeslot in the online registration system. If your team will participate in more than 1 session (2 hours), the selected timeslots must be consecutive.
3.We endeavour to allocate your preferred timeslots to your team. However, the organiser reserves the right to make the final decision.
Determine your team size
1.Each team is formed by at least 4 members.
2.There is an upper limit to your team size which is calculated on the basis that each team member pedals the bike for at least 30 mins.
3.For example, if your team would like to take part in 3 sessions (i.e. 6 hours), the maximum size of your team should be 12 (i.e. 6/0.5 hr).
4.If your team has 5 members, the total pedaling time is at least 2.5 hours (i.e. 5*0.5 hour). Therefore, your team must sign up for at least 2 sessions (i.e. 4 hours). The maximum team size for 4 hours is 8 (i.e. 4/0.5 hour).
5.Similarly, if your team has 10 members, the total pedaling time is at least 5 hours (i.e. 10*0.5 hour). Therefore, your team must sign up for at least 3 sessions (i.e. 6 hours). The maximum team size for 6 hours is 12 (i.e. 6/0.5 hour).
1.The minimum donation amount per session is HK$8,000.
2.The minimum donation amount of 2 sessions is HK$8,000 x 2 = HK$16,000. And so on.
Our team has 10 members. What is the minimum number of session we must sign up?
Pedaling time per team member = 30 mins (0.5 hour) at least
Total pedaling time for a team of 10 = 5 hours
Given each session is a 2-hour unit, a team of 10 will have to sign up for at least 3 sessions.
Our team wants to participate for 8 hours. What is the minimum donation amount and maximum number of members we can have?
Min donation $ = HK$8,000 x No. of Sessions
8 hours = 4 sessions
Therefore, the min donation amount
= HK$8,000 x 4 sessions
Max team size = 8 hours/0.5 hour = 16